September 29, 2011

Zeljko Djurovic: painter of goddesses of color

Djurovic was born on December 12th, 1956 in Danilovgrad, Montenegro. Of his roots, he says, "I am Mediterranean by birth. My first painting was made on a beach in Montenegro on hot sand, and I remember that I was sad when a wave destroyed it." He tells that human sexuality -whether it be half-naked bodies displayed on the beach, or his own experiences later on- impact his artwork greatly. Speaking eloquently of the Universe, he says something very reminiscent of a famous quote by Thomas Edison: "I have only one way to express myself through art, and while seeking it I take thousands of wrong ways; they all prove to me that only that one way is the right way, and unavoidable. [...] The light that would give them color, luminosity, warmth, smell, touch and a new world free of weight – the space at the end of the world, at the point where the sea and the earth meet, the place that we have forgotten and to which we always return, the beginning of everything." The last bit, a beautiful and near perfect description of his paintings.


Time when Gods where Walking on Earth


Mutual Remembrance


Fertility

(Thomas Edison quote: I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work")

No comments:

Post a Comment