October 03, 2011

Vinyl Williams: mystical psychedelicious collages

Lionel "Vinyl" Williams is an artist and musician of the psychedelic likes. He was born March 4, 1990 in Hollywood and as young as 6-years-old dove deep into the world of art. About his artwork, he says, "I create surreal art that incorporates religious imagery, mystical sensationalism, sacred locations, some psychedelic concepts into collage-art and similar concepts into ambient/rock music. I'm influenced by the Middle East, specifically Egypt, Israel, and Turkey, and attempt to fuse archaic forms of art and music indigenous to those areas, simultaneously attaining a modern medium. I'm also influenced by occult magic, ceremony, and mysteriousness in general.

"There's a world of magic and fantasy that lives in my mind that I'm constantly trying to project and define. I hope that both my art and my music provide imagery for these surreal landscapes, to venture the mind into certain zones, and to bring communion to those who feel separated." He currently lives and works in Los Angeles. flickr/tumblr/facebook


Vital Forces


I Dream Of


Pyramid Mirage

No comments:

Post a Comment